Create In Brighton is proud to announce a second competition taking place this Autumn 2012 entitled Hidden Depths. This is another fine collaboration with Tiger Beer and is a part of their Hidden Depths campaign that has been taking place across London.
All you have to do for a chance of bagging the jackpot is:
- Upload a photograph to Instagram that you think best represents the ‘MUSICAL HIDDEN DEPTHS OF BRIGHTON’. This might be a gig, a band back stage setting up, a music venue behind the scenes, buskers, barbershop quartet – you name it. Be creative.
- You must also follow ‘createinbrighton’ on Instagram so that we can follow you back and make announcements along the way.
- You must hashtag the photo you enter with #hiddendepthsbrighton so that we can see your entry.
- Your photos must NOT be set to private to be able to enter!
- As an entrant into our competition we will need to contact you regarding the final event on 18.11.12 and full rules. Please email a copy of your entry and your full name, address, age, telephone number to info(at)createinbrighton.co.uk by 9am 16.11.12.
Our judges for Hidden Depths hail from Brighton as well as being professional and very well respected photographers. Both also use Instagram on a regular basis and can spot a ‘hit’ from a ‘miss’ despite the relative ease of the application that turns regular photos into something a bit more special.
Kevin Meredith (AKA Lomokev) is a Brighton based photographer and teacher of photography. He is prolific within the city and has published several, successful books. He has featured in a range of publications including National Geographic, Russian Esquire, and on the BBC news website and Rolling Stone.com. In 2006 he sat on the panel of judges for flickr.com’s “Blink of the Eye” photo competition in New York and judged again in 2008 for pixish.com’s “The SXSW Gallery Show” competition. http://lomokev.com/
James Kendall is owner and editor of Brighton’s best loved guide to the city, Brighton Source. James is often spotted about town, writing and photographing gigs, exhibitions, events, restaurants, clubs, you name it. He is an authority on what makes this town tick and knows its musical heritage and happenings like the back of his hand. Added to all this, he is a keen photographer and will be speaking at the Miniclick Photography Talks as part of Brighton Photo Fringe 2012 on 13th November. For one of his recent projects, he photographed his grandmother-in-law’s rather old tinned products from yesteryear, and caught the attention of The Guardian, who featured them in their G2 section, as well as the BBC and ITV. http://brightonsource.co.uk/
As well as the competition there will be a phenomenal free gig for the Grand Final with a BIG headline act taking place in November at Coalition. Please check back with us for updates.
On the night the ten finalists’ chosen by our judges will be on display for all to see. The winners of the competition will be announced and prize giving will commence!
SO, here are the rules. Play fair!
- Only one entry per person
- Entries be tagged on Instagram with #hiddendepthsbrighton
- All entries must adhere to the brief of ‘MUSICAL HIDDEN DEPTHS OF BRIGHTON‘. You must be able to explain and justify this if questioned.
- You must follow createinbrighton on Instagram
- You must be currently working, studying or living in Brighton & Hove to be able to enter and if chosen to go through, able to prove this with a recent proof of address, letter from your place of study or headed paper from your job.
- No time wasters please!
- The deadline for entries is FRIDAY 16th NOVEMBER 2012
- The final event and prize giving will take place at Coalition in Brighton on the 18th November at 8pm. You must be available to attend if chosen to go through. If not, please let us know as soon as possible.
- This competition is not open to full time employees of Inn Brighton Ltd Head Office, or their immediate families.
- In entering the competition each entrant represents and warrants that:
- Any photograph submitted is your own original work and that you are the original and sole photographer of all entries provided and that no other person was involved in the creation of such work.
- You have obtained any and all necessary consents, rights and licenses relating to the photos you submit to this competition (including that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiably illustrated in your artwork or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 16)
Please also note that we will display the ten finalists’ pieces on the night around the venue. There will be a photographer and/or cameraman shooting the event; any footage and photos of your entry or yourself will be made public on www.drinkinbrighton.co.uk and www.createinbrighton.co.uk as well as associated social media accounts. Your work may also be printed in any media coverage of the event and the competition.